FSO Weekend...Savannah

Last weekend, my oldest daughter and I packed up the car and headed south to Savannah. My sisters and I met at the Savannah Bed & Breakfast Inn. We sat on the patio and shared lunch and then we headed off to explore the historic city of Savannah. After heading down to the riverfront, we took a horse and carriage ride through the city. My sisters and I had decided to read Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil prior to our trip. I felt like I had already been to Savannah. The beautiful squares described in the book were coming to life. As we rode through the quaint streets, I recalled tale after tale of Savannah's history. I was making connections! Right there on the horse and carriage ride, I had a Charlotte Mason a-ha moment! I was experiencing the benefits of a living book. Later that day as the sun began to set we made our way back to the inn and shared appetizers on our patio. The next day we walked the streets of the historic district and toured one of the homes. Again winding up our day on the patio enjoying food and each other's company.

With over 400 pictures on our camera, I picked a few to share from our FSO (fun sisters only) weekend! 

1 comments:

Sharyn said...

And what a great trip it was!!...Not only seeing and experiencing the history of Savannah but making our own memories and history to share:)

Copyright © 2009 - Our Story in Progress - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template