A Silver Lining...

As our school year winds down, this often turns to a time of reflection for me. What were our successes? challenges? struggles? highlights? Have I learned something new that I should be prayerfully implementing? This year continues to be filled with new challenges as we try to navigate the waters of chronic illness. I sometimes find myself feeling defeated as my best laid plans becomes distant thoughts in the past. We all know about "the best laid plans" don't we?

Seven years ago as we made the decision to homeschool, I knew very little except what I wanted the end game to be. I wanted strong readers and communicators (both orally and verbally) and basic math sense so they could run a household and make strong financial decisions. Today as I contemplate how our school year ended and those plans I found a new voice encouraging me to look at those final "schooling" goals and reminding me that despite stops and starts, despite the pain of watching my daughter suffer and be strong for her friends and family, despite the little ones typical struggles, despite all the challenges God has honored that desire in my heart!

Psalm 37:4-5 Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD,Trust also in Him, and He will do it.

This is not to say that we are finished. This is merely to say that I am encouraged...renewed as we continue writing the pages of our story. Be encouraged today as you look for the silver lining in your struggles.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2009 - Our Story in Progress - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template