She Blinded Me with Science...

And you thought I was going to sing? Nope! Instead I feel like talking about science. This is just not a subject I am strong in. If given the opportunity I will farm this one out to any willing body (usually in the form of co-op). However this year we have chosen not to participate in a co-op and so I must trudge through.

First off what what we use:


Apologia Biology


Biology 101 DVD
Handbook of Nature Study
 I wanted the girls to build a biology notebook over the course of the year so we put our work in a sketch book. In here is a place to write down our narrations and vocabulary as well as draw. We have progressed slowly but I was still looking for more. Over the Christmas break, I found just what I was looking for.

Marty at Homeschooler's Resources has done a fantastic job at breaking down each module and offering extra materials to help understanding, including links to videos and an easy to read explanation. I have also used this as a quick teacher-prep resource to help me review the module and prepare the girls for the test. She has also linked to two other great resource blogs.

♦ Michelle at Applie's Place
♦ Julie at Mindful Ramblings
♦ Loretta at Books 'n Other Stuff


With her help and a little bit of perseverance, I think we will do alright.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you...SO GLAD the boys are doing science at co-op! these look like good resources, though!

Copyright © 2009 - Our Story in Progress - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template